Sweet Potato & Haricot Bean CurryCourse: MainCuisine: Asian, IndianDifficulty: Easy
Short recipe description goes here.
3x garlic cloves finely grated – start with this and leave to one side to allow allicin to activate
1tbsp coconut oil
2 medium red onions, sliced
1x medium heat chilli finely dice
1tbps coriander seeds
1tsp black mustard seeds
1x medium sweet potato, grated
1tsp coriander powder
1tbsp turmeric powder
2x cans coconut milk
1x can haricot beans
½ cauliflower, florets cut into smaller pieces
8x chestnut mushrooms, quartered
Salt & pepper to taste
- Grate garlic and leave to one side before prepping other vegetables.
- Gently heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Add red onions & sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chilli and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coriander seeds and black mustard seeds, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in sweet potato and allow to cook for 3 minutes before adding turmeric & coriander powder. Stir continuously and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add coconut milk, stir, put on lid and bring to the boil.
- Stir and turn down to a medium simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in haricot beans and leave for another 5 minutes.
- Mix in cauliflower and leave for 3 minutes.
- Mix in mushrooms, turn the heat off, place the lid on and leave to sit for 15minutes.
- Gently reheat when you are ready to serve.
- Serve with:
Sauteed tender stem broccoli & garlic
Top with salted peanuts and fresh coriander