A simple and delicious way to make the most out of your fennel harvest by utilising the entire plant! This oil captures the strong aniseed taste of fennel so perfectly and can be added to soups, salads, toast – you name it!
Green tops of one fennel
Extra virgin olive oil
- Chop and blitz the fennel tops in a blender until very fine
- Put in sieve, place over a bowl and push down with the back of a spoon to remove as much liquid as possible. Personally, I drink this fennel water in a wee shot – delicious and an incredible digestive support!
- Place the drained fennel tops into a clean glass jar and cover with extra virgin olive oil
- Add 1 tsp of salt and give it a wee stir
- Put the lid on and leave in a dark, cool space for 2-3 days
- Once ready, strain this out in a sieve and give it a taste. If needed, add more salt. Otherwise, transfer it into your desired vessel and seal until use.
- To allow it to last longer, I tend to put it into small jars/tubs and leave them in the fridge. I take them out on the morning when I hope to use them to allow it to melt, ready for use in the afternoon or evening.